Tuesday, October 12, 2010

weekend away

Will and I spent our first nights away from the babies - and we didn't even go to the same place!  I went to be with my best girlfriends in Phoenix while Will went on his annual surf strip to CA with his friend Billy.  For those of you who know both Will and Billy, you are probably as surprised as I am that they ever make it back home from this trip.  It is not surprising though that Will didn't take any pictures.. So I will share a couple from my trip.
This was our 8th year since college to go on an annual trip as a group...and every year someone has been pregnant... this year that was Andrea. Once her little boy arrives that will be 15 kids between us all... and even though I was the last to have kids, I managed to out-kid them already:)  Thank God I had all these years to learn from them -- I wouldn't be half the mom I am without them!
up high: Andrea, Lora, me, Connie, Roxie. down low:  Lisa, Julie.


Snap back to reality - BABIES.  So who took care of the kids?!  My parents flew in from NE to take over our household/baby duty. Thank God for them!  The babies were as happy as happy could be with them and I was even calm and cool about leaving... which I know shocked more people than just me.  If not for them, I don't think I ever would have left for a night much less 3.  Anyway,  it's the first time anyone has had a real taste of our life with triplets and I must say it was very validating hearing how exhausted they were!  Even though it was hard to be away I loved knowing they were having a blast with 'grammy' and 'papa'.

I just realized that I never published a post in June when my girlfriends came to Houston to meet the babies.. and help me get some sleep and sanity.  I love this picture of them with the babies.  Lora w/Willie Grace:Andrea w/Lainey:Roxie w/Oscar. Awh. They were so little here...
Will was on baby duty while we had a fun lunch at BRC, Will's newish restaurant that he and a few other guys opened earlier this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment