Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Edison, meet your siblings

It was so much fun introducing each of the kids to Edison. As is with every new experience, they all had very different reactions.
Oscar was the first to meet his brother. I think he likened Edison to talking Elmo because he would just laugh at every movement and noise Edison made, especially when he pushed on his nose. His attention quickly turned to all the new 'toys' in my hospital room and seemed to be just fine with me holding a baby (we were a little worried about that with Oscar!).
Lainey came in second to meet Edison. She was definitely the most put off by this new baby. She wasn't too impressed with me either.  My poor girl even seemed a little scared.  Now that she's had some time to take it all in, she's chosen to mostly just ignore Edison, though she will give him a kiss every once and a while.
Willie Grace has been absolutely enamored with Edison since the second she saw him.  She just sat with me holding Edison for the longest time, giving him hugs and kisses. She's the calmest and sweetest she's ever been in her whole life when she's around him -- much to our surprise!  

While Edison and I were in the hospital, Will would go home each night to take care of the kids - I should say help Gram take care of the kids!  Thank you Joanie for making Edison's arrival such an easy transition on everyone, especially the kids.  I will always treasure the first quiet nights in the hospital with our sweet sweet Edison.

No comments:

Post a Comment